- Never put your finger or anything other than an electrical plug in an outlet.
- Don’t touch the metal part of the plug when plugging something in an outlet.
- When unplugging an appliance pull by the plug, not the cord.
- Don’t use an electrical appliance when you’re wet, have wet hands or are standing in water. Be sure outlets near water sources have ground fault circuit interrupters to protect you against shock.
- Limit the number of appliances plugged into each outlet. Overloading an outlet can cause a fire.
- Be alert for damaged plugs and cords.
- Remember to unplug small electrical appliances and toys when you’re not using them.
- Never put keys, fingers, forks or anything in an electrical appliance.